Landscape Lighting and how it can change the way you see your yard
Enjoying Your Space Throughout the Day
Just because the sun goes away doesn’t mean you have to. When having your landscaping designed, do you only think about what it’s going to look like during the day time? After all that’s only 12 hours out of the day or less! You don’t go to a restaurant and enjoy half your meal, so why only enjoy your landscaping half the time?
Lighting and Focal Points – Highlighting the Best Features of Your Yard
- Create inviting ambiance to an otherwise dark and uninviting space.
- Create a completely different feel to your landscaping by lighting up areas where you want to create a certain atmosphere.
- Grownup Entertainment – You don’t have to entertain people at night with them being able to see your shed and play set.
- Staycation – Light up the dining area and surrounding plants to make you feel like your on vacation in your own backyard.
- Transformation – Taking your backyard from where the kids play, to a place where you and your significant other can have a romantic dinner or entertain friends.
Lighting for Security
- Landscaping lighting can also act as a security feature as burglars are less likely to try and burgle a well lit home.
- When your yard is well lit its hard for perpetrators to find place to hide and sneak onto your property.
- Installing Lighting especially in areas like around shrubs and on walls and pillars serves as an excellent deterrent against thieves.
Front and Backyard Lighting Types and Benefits
- Spot light: Used to light up focal points/ plants
- Mushroom light: Shines light downward from a height of approximate 18” & good for lighting up small plant grouping and patches.
- Cliff lights: Nestles underneath the coping on a wall or steps to light up the facade.
Lighting from Sunup to Sundown – Maximize Your Investment
Odds are you spent a fair bit of your hard earned money on your landscaping, if you can only use that space for a few hours during the day and then have to go inside you are not getting the most out of your money. Doesn’t it make sense to be able to enjoy your yard at all times of day, and therefore getting the maximum ROI out of your landscaping?
At Hogan Landscaping we believe that you aren’t getting the most out your project unless you can enjoy it 24 hours a day.
Contact us today 905-640-8374